Happy Monday Morning Everyone!
For our Monday Morning Make-Over Series we will be chatting about the health benefits of pumpkins. Pumpkin season is in full force already, with Thanksgiving just behind us and Halloween just a head of us.
Tomorrow is Pumpkin Day (squash out subluxations) Our office will be sharing a bunch of pumpkin facts, pumpkin tasting of different foods, and pumpkin decorating contest. Stop by our office and we have mini pumpkins for kids to decorate in the office or they can take a pic of their pumpkin carving at home and post it to our facebook page to win a prize.
- High zinc content, which is important for prostate health
- A good source of plant based Omega-3
- Pumpkins can boost your immune system
- Used in many cultures as a natural treatment for tapeworms and other parasites
- Colonists sliced off pumpkin tops, removed seeds and filled the insides with milk, spices, and honey. This was baked in hot ashes and is the original Pumpkin pie
- Did you know? …Pumpkins are Fruit!
- Pumpkin seeds can help prevent kidney stones
- Pumpkin seed oil can help decrease:
- Blood pressure
- Hot flashes
- Joint pain
- Pumpkin oil has anti-inflammatory properties
- Help improve insulin regulation
- 1 cup of cooked pumpkin has more potassium (564mg) to a bananas (422mg) which is important in production of serotonin
- 1 cup of pumpkin contains 49 calories & 2 grams of protein
- Pumpkins are 90% water
- 1 cup of pumpkin contains 3 grams of fiber & 12 mg of vitamin C
- Aid in weight loss keeping you feeling full for longer on fewer calories
- Pumpkin seeds can help your heart and reduce cholesterol
- Pumpkins keep your eye sight sharp
Pumpkin Fluff Dip
16 oz of cool whip or whipped cream
1 sm pkg of instant vanilla
1 can of pumpkin
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Serve with fruit, crackers, or pretzels
Easiest Pumpkin Soup
1 med Onion
29 oz Pumpkin
14.5 oz Chicken broth
½ cup Heavy cream
1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Cook onion in sauce pan, stir in pumpkin chicken broth, pumpkin pie spice, cream and salt & pepper to taste.
1 Box brownie mix
1 can pumpkin
- Cook at 350°C for 25-30 minutes
1 Frozen Banana
1 cup vanilla Almond milk
1 cup Pumpkin
½ tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp Ground Ginger
¼ tsp All spice
¼ tsp Nutmeg
Raw Honey to taste
Blend until smooth & creamy
Happy Pumpkin Day Everyone! We look forward to seeing you at the office tomorrow.